Better Together Animal Training can provide continuing education and training for staff, volunteers and foster homes of animal shelters and rescues.
Presentation topics could include:
- Dog Handling 101, Basics of Positive Reinforcement and Defensive Handling
- Body Language Reading and Fear Free / Low Stress Handling - Dogs
- Body Language Reading and Fear Free / Low Stress Handling - Cats
- Clicker Training 101 - Dogs (Capturing and Shaping Behavior, Reinforcement Strategies, Cueing)
- Clicker Training 101 - Cats (Capturing and Shaping Behavior, Reinforcement Strategies, Cueing)
- Socializing Semi-Feral Kittens
- Modifying Reactive or Aggressive Dog Behavior on (Lunging, Barking, Growling)
- Modifying Exuberant, Jumpy / Mouthy Dog Behavior (Inappropriately Social Biting)
- Modifying Behavior in Fearful Dogs
- Puppy Socialization and Training
- Training and Engaging Foster Homes
Contact Cari to discuss your needs and she can design a program that is appropriate for your team with your budget in mind.
Here is an example of continuing education programming that Cari can offer to your shelter or rescue group. This was a presentation Cari gave in 2020 for Best Friends Network Partner Shelters on the topic of supporting dogs with behavior challenges in the shelter environment.